When you are shopping for scrapbook supplies kits for teens and adults, you want to find the most popular styles and designs you can buy. These are handpicked kits for teens with a variety of styles, colors, and themes.
A scrapbook is intended to hold memories of an event, a birthday, a vacation, graduation or to chart family life. When selecting a scrapbook for teens keep in mind what occasion the memory book will be highlighting and consider the skill level of the person who will be putting the scrapbook together.
There are amazing videos to learn how to scrapbook. There are also videos where skilled individuals will find new techniques and be inspired. Kits come in different levels including out of the box styles all the way to making the pages from scratch.
Making Memories – Scrapbook Kits for Teens
Lacey Charm Album Box KitScrapbooking Box Kit, Black and White, Neutral MemoriesScrapbooking Kit, Tie Dye Peace FriendsPocket Pages Scrapbook Page Kit, Family TimePocket Pages Scrapbook Page Kit, Today Live in The MomentScrapbooking Kit, Our Travels
These great scrapbook kits are from the ‘Me & My BIG Ideas’ series of themed kits that teens love. They come in several themes with everything you need to get started.
Tips on Scrapbooking
You COULD just stick your photos in an album and take them out once in a while to look at OR you could create something rather more special to treasure with a scrapbook.
The thing about scrapbooking is – it is addictive. One scrapbook just naturally leads to another and another. Here are some topics to consider and some helpful tips.
- Start simple – a kit is a great way to start. Some of them have themes already indicated like a travel or graduation one so they contain all the embellishments relating to that topic. It also lets you see if this is something you really enjoy and want to continue.
- Don’t crowd your scrapbook. Less is more if you like, if there is too much clutter it makes it difficult to read – rather make another scrapbook if you have too much to add.
- Make each scrapbook specific to one topic – you can make a general one but the temptation is to try to include EVERYTHING that has happened to you since the day you were born and it can soon become a muddle. Rather divide your scrapbooks into topic or even years if you want it to be more general. They are relatively easy to store and with pretty bindings make a nice display.
- A scrapbook isn’t just a photo album – text is just as important. Think about adding little bits, perhaps a quote you read that seems relevant to that page – or something about the people in the photo. Short poems work very well. Or, if you include a ticket to concert, something about what it was like, the people that were there and so on.
- Keep your eyes open for things you can use as embellishment – there are lots of craft stores where you can buy things like flowers and ribbon or more specific things little suitcases for travel scrapbooks or caps for graduation -but you can also make your own and they can be much more satisfying. There are lots of how-to videos available and I’ve included one or two below for you to have a look at and try your hand.
- Think about making a scrapbook as a gift for someone – maybe a parent or grandparent, or a school friend. They really make the most wonderful gifts.
- Include all sorts of little things like train or theater stubs or theater programs if they are not too bulky. Newspaper clippings work well especially if you create a border round them. Buttons, sparkles and sequins all make for a good look but don’t overdo it. Remember less is more.
- Avoid the temptation to lay out your page in straight linear fashion. Spend some time before you use the glue in arranging your page. Lay things out, tip photos slightly on their sides, plan where to place one of your hand crafter paper flowers to fill a gap and so on.
- Keep a little notebook that you can jot down ideas. Maybe you want to remember a joke someone told on that particular day or something else someone said. Some people like to jot down events that happened on a particular, like today in 2012 Katie Melua married James Toseland or whatever world event catches your eye. If you have them down in you notebook you can add them in where you feel they are appropriate.
- If you are using dried flowers that you have picked and pressed, make sure they are completely dried out and pressed properly before you include them or any sap remaining could ruin the whole book. Pressing flowers takes time so that is something you need to be patient about.
Travel Scrapbooking Ideas
Useful Blogs for Scrapbooking Tutorials
There are hundreds of scrapbookers out there and many of them have great blogs and tutorials. These are only a few, some of them are specifically for beginners, others taking you a step further.
- Need Scrapbooking Ideas? Layouts? Quotes etc? We have them.
Whether you want to learn how to make a scrapbook, want scrapbooking ideas, are searching for more homemade craft ideas OR you wish to start a scrapbooking business – you can find all the tips you need here!
- Bo Bunny: Water Distressed Blooms Tutorial
Scrapbook embellishment – paper blooms.
- Random Acts Of Creativity: Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #21
Random Acts of Creativity – hold regular challenges to inspire you
Easy Related Posts
Anime and Manga Drawing Kits for Teens and Adults
If you love to draw Anime and Manga, you will love these Anime and Manga ...read more
Sizzix 655268 Big Shot: The Right Machine For All Your Cutting And Embossing Needs
If you are fond of doing crafts then you might be interested to know about ...read more